January 20, 2012

25

Out of all the birthdays I've lived through I feel this is the one true milestone. I didnt care for the attention I'd get on my birthdays, I never was the one getting balloons or having surprises done (not really a fan of them). I don't get a midnight phone call from a best friend or from anyone or have my mom come to my room to wish me a Happy Birthday cause I know it'll be the first thing shes gonna say in the morning. I think it only had to be special to me, only I could make this day really mean something, cause its the day I was allowed to be in this world. Allowed because I almost didn't make it but my mom fought and held through so I can be here.

Not even those important ages felt that special at 18 the first thing I did was legally buy a pack of cigs so i didn't have to constantly bum or ask people to buy em for me, and by 21 it didn't matter that I could legally buy my liquor, cause by that time I spoiled that fun by doing it way before that. In fact at 21 I was more excited for a football game then actually going out. Don't get me started about going out and partying did that too that by the time I was 20 I realized I wasn't into club scenes that much.

And just like that folks I became 25 at the stroke of midnight, and I reached that milestone. I've been on this Earth for a quarter of a century and in that time so much has happened I cant even begin to explain. But its a remidner of two things, the first being mentioned above, the second that I have a lot of thigs to get in motion. Questions that I can't keep stalling on. Im a pro at procrastination but now my eyes are opening to what really needs to be done.

Im not gonna make a list of goals that must be fulfilled immediately, but now I gotta think what moves I gotta make to move out of my mothers house? Do I want to go back to school and get my masters? Is film an option for me as a career to pursue or will it become a hobby? All these thoughts plague my mind, plus other issues that eventually one day will become resolved.

I'm ready this year to maintain those that have always stood by my side, and make those friendships stronger and better than before. This year if its the last I want to ride out with them til the end.

And lastly there's something about birthdays where you hear from people you haven't spoken to or seen, thanks to facebook, so to everyone wishing me a happy birthday thank you.And with that ima leave ya with Ceremony by New Order..my birthday anthem since I became 21...




No comments:

Post a Comment