February 19, 2011

Assignment

Please Don't Take my Air Jordans. -Reg. E. Gaines

Thats the link to the original piece. Maybe im stuck on this but like i said its what got me started. And for some reason it seems right to share. I haven't seen this since high school.

No title I wrote only Poem Assignment (written in 2003)

I was playing some ball
The day of my fall
I was rocking new kicks
While impressing the chicks

They were bright ass white
With a tint of red
18's they call them
The price wasn't bad

It was a quarter past two
when this guy dressed in blue
Started giving me the eye
and followed close behind

I made a sprint toward Houston
When he pulled out a gun
"Gimme them Jordans!"
I heard while I started to run

Next was a "pow" and I fell on the floor
He took off my kicks
And looked at me quick

He left me crying,
not cause I was dying
But cause he took my new kicks
And now I feel like a dick

Now here I am dead
Covered in red
Hope the bastard treats my kicks right
When he goes out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment