May 12, 2014

random flashback

We were in church like every normal Sunday, of course we were a little late, and my father left us at the entrance so he can go park. Like always we sat towards the back and listened as someone read out loud the Gospel. A little after the priest spoke, but then he grabbed a chalice filled with Holy Water and began to walk around flinging it at people. My mother was sitting by the aisle. He reached to where we were, and “swoosh” my mother had to wipe her face. I held it in but the giggles wanted to sprout right out. “I think it went in my mouth” she said. That’s when I realized the Lord worked in mysterious ways.

A week before we were in Rite Aid on Junction and 37th. I wanted to go to V.I.M. and look at the new Jordans like any normal 14year old, but of course she dragged me with her. Now when I say mami has no shame, its cause she has the mouth of a lion, roaring out her emotions. “Coño nunca tienen tarjetas en español!” In my ears this was normal, but to others they just stared. Someone had to have a baptism today; she had to get it in Spanish. Her words came out like they were speeding through laps around Daytona.  I was about to walk into another aisle and wait till she screamed out my name when she was done looking when he spoke.


“If you go down the street, the party favor store has a good selection of Spanish cards.” “Holy Father!” I thought, go figure the Priest from our church was there, and he definitely smelled the foulness coming out of mami’s mouth. She turned, and with a face saying oh crap, she forced the smile said thank you and grabbed me and with that we were out of the store.  

-2008

No comments:

Post a Comment